News and Announcements
Hello Raven Families!
We’re excited for the upcoming 2019 football season. As we go into a new season we need everyone’s participation. We are in process of building a new board and coach has provided the positions available that you will see below. Our first Booster Club meeting will be held on Wednesday March 20th and 6:00 pm at Riverdale Ridge High School. (Coaches Health Classroom)
Please review the positions listed below; if you have any interest in becoming apart the Inaugural Riverdale Ridge Football Boosters Club. There will be an election process that will allow a candidate to be nominated or you may nominate yourself for the said position that you are wanting to be elected for. We will have a nomination process to elect yourself or another individual.
As a nominee please be ready to present what position you desire the night of the meeting. A voting process will be in place that evening. We encourage all parents to come and participate even if you are unable to commit to a board position. We’re seeking parent participation to help with many activities that will give our players a great high school experience.
Please review the Team Pages calendar for all upcoming events including Booster Club Meetings. We look forward to a great season please email coach with any questions.
1. To be eligible for nomination you must be a member in good standing.
2. You may nominate yourself or someone other than yourself.
3. When nominating yourself it is assumed that the nomination is accepted.
4. When nominating someone other than yourself, the nomination must be accepted by the nominee.
5. Officers must be nominated and elected as individuals.
6. Two people may be nominated and elected together as Co-Committee Chairs.
7. A nominee must receive a simple majority of members present to win the election.
8. When candidates are running for a position, the vote will be conducted by paper ballot.
9. Be prepared on election night to give a bio about yourself and why you would like to volunteer for the Riverdale Ridge High School Football Club
10. Coach Voorhees will deliver a speech about the intentions of a good board members discussioning, what it takes to be part of a successful Riverdale Ridge High School Football Booster Club.
Expectations of the Board as a Whole
1. Determining the mission and purposes of the organization
2. strategic and organizational planning
3. ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
4. fundraising and resource development
5. approving and monitoring the organization’s programs and services
6. enhancing the organization’s public image
7. assessing its own performance as the governing body of the organization
Expectations of Individual Board Members
Each individual board member is expected to
1. Know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
2. Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the Riverdale Ridge High School Football Booster Club
3. Leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve the Riverdale Ridge High School Football Booster Club
4. Help identify personal connections that can benefit Riverdale Ridge High School Football Booster Club fundraising and reputational standing
5. Prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings
6. Participate fully in one or more committees
He or she of the Riverdale Ridge High School Football Booster Club, oversees its development. This individual will also deal with membership issues, appointment of other leadership positions, the organization of Riverdale Ridge High School Football booster club meetings, and the productivity of all operations.
● Preside at all monthly and /or any extra meetings
● Run annual election of officers
● Appoint project leaders as required for the committee at large
● Meet with school administrators as needed
● Coordinate team merchandise sales and appoint individuals to assist with the duties
● Review objectives and or issues with elected officers/members
● Coordinate team “Mom” Photo shoot
● Meet with coaches on regular basis to gain insight to needs—both present and future
● Ensure that Keep Social media up to date
● Regularly meet with the Treasurer of the club to review the organization’s financial position
● Helps resolve problems in membership and be the point contact for members to bring up issues or concerns
● Appoint project leaders as required
● Solicit fundraising ideas from parents to board
● Keep parent list on fundraising achieved
● Ensure we are meeting fundraising goals and objectives
● Coordinate all celebrations/acknowledgements for football team players and coaches
VICE PRESIDENT/ FUNDRAISING
He or she of the Riverdale Ridge High School Football booster Club, will assist the president to oversee its further developments of the Riverdale Ridge High School Football booster Club. This individual also will also assist with the membership issues of Riverdale Ridge High School Football booster club meetings, and the productivity of all operations.
● The duties majority of the vice president duties shall be as follows, but are not limited to the following:
● Attend club meetings
● Preside over club meetings in the absence of the president
● Offer insights and recommendations concerning club agendas and activities
● Actively promote RRHSFBBC as an integral part of the Riverdale Ridge School System
● Perform administrative functions
● Keep parent list and correspond with parents as needed related to Booster events and needs of the club
● Work with Coach to distribute the fundraising cards and coordinate with treasurer with financial info
● Report to Board after Fundraisers a review as a post mortem event
● Coordinate a spreadsheet for a cumulative donation from friends of the Raves football booster and follow up with thank notes for the sponsors
● Also Solicit fundraising ideas from parents to board
● Create team Calendar and have it approved by board
This role works with the team financial planner (CPA). The Treasurer is responsible for assuring that all financial records are maintained in accordance with the club standards. The major duties include, but are not limited to:
● The duties of the treasurer shall be as follows:
● Maintain accurate records for all financial aspects of the RRHSFBBC
● Maintain an accurate account of all money received and distributed
● Pay bills upon receipt of documentation and approval
● Prepare and present to the Riverdale Ridge High School Football Booster Club monthly financial report
● Deposit funds within 7 days of receipt
● Communications’ about financial information must be approved by Coach Voorhees’s before be sending the information out
● Meet with CPA to update accounting needs
● He or She shall also maintain a petty cash fund in the amount of $500.00 for incidental
● He or she will coordinate Team Dinners along with Team Meals
Is responsible for keeping accurate records at club meetings (i.e., minutes) and providing monthly meeting minutes to the club members. Publish the meeting minutes after the review has been completed by the board and Coach Voorhees. The major duties include, but are not limited to the following:
● Record meeting minutes
● Secretary of State report—file as prescribed by Colorado State procedures
● Send reminders for action items within one week of meeting and reminders for next meeting one week prior to meeting
● Help maintain and send out information on the Riverdale Ridge High School Football Booster Club website
● Maintains Booster database
● Any communications that come from the booster club must be approved by Coach Voorhees’s before sent. Coordinate with Coach Voorhees’ for any Email Marketing/Social Media/Website Ads
● Record meeting attendance and committee listing
● Keeps calendar up to date once completed
● Help new parents adjust to a competitive high school football program, sharing where to get the information, ie websites, social media ect., assist in getting their contact information. If any parents have concerns direct them to speak with coach or the President of the booster club
● Ensure that JV parents engage in the Spirit of the Raven
● Coordinate with president for merchandise sales for JV game and concession stands.
Committee at large members
The Booster Club members works through and cooperatively with the coach/Board/administration to aid with the planned activities of the Riverdale Ridge football student athletes.
● Assists with specific/activities/events sponsored by the Riverdale Ridge High School Football Booster Club.
● Attends monthly Parent Riverdale Ridge High School Football Booster Club meetings
● Ensure we are meeting fundraising goals and objectives
Workout gear if interested.
Orders Due Feb 17
The document PlayerWorkOutGearandBags.pdf was attached to this post.
Fill this out with sizes for our Camp Pack for May camp. We need to get it ordered so it arrives on rime for the May 21 Camp Check in date.
The document CampGearFlyer.pdf was attached to this post.
Upperclassmen list of dates. Incoming freshmen will have a few more added.
The document Riverdale_Ridge_Football_List_of_Important_Dates_2019__2_.pdf was attached to this post.